AAV Bird Care Articles
From the Association of Avian Veterinarians
Pet owners are accustomed to taking the family dog or cat to the veterinarian for an annual check-up, but it is even more important for a pet bird to have regular exams because birds tend to have very subtle symptoms of illness.
BIRD CARE ARTICLES FROM “FOR THE BIRDS DVM”
- Caged Bird’s Bill Of Rights
- Care and Feeding of Pet Ducks
- Caring for Your Pet Bird
- Caring For Pet Chickens
- Discouraging Breeding Behavior in Pet Birds
- Fresh Air is a Must!
- Plants: Which Ones Might Be Poisonous?
- It’s Shower Time!
- Vitamin A Comparison List
- Winter Heating
- Environmental Working Group Seeks Input on PTFE-Related Deaths
- The A-B-Cs Of Non-Food Items That Birds Love
- Move It!
- Hormonal Behavior in Pet Birds – Problems and Solutions
- Zinc And Parrots
- What’s That Cage Made Of?
- Aspergillus Sunusitis In A Cockatiel
- Birds Of A Feather: Avian Husbandry, Medicine And Behavior In The Shelter
- Giardia and Other Intestinal Protozoal Infections in Pet Birds
- The Role Of The Avian Veterinarian In Conservation; Practice Beyond The Exam Room
- Seeing The Rain Forest Through The Trees
- Traveling Abroad With Your Pet Bird